Busy, busy, busy. That is your life. Work, kids, shopping, errands, your giant to do list, your bucket list. So much to do and so little time. What gets short changed? Sleep. Why do we push ourselves? Why do we ingest stimulants to keep us going when sleep is really lacking? What to do?
1) Keep a log your hours of sleep and your alertness throughout the day. This will help you gauge how much sleep you really need.
2) Cut back on the caffeine. The morning boost is ok but skip the afternoon and evening boost.
3) Make sure you are exercising consistently. This will help keep your metabolism up.
4) Beware of food cravings to eat to keep yourself awake. Propping yourself up with junk food will only make things worse.
5) Take a nap when you can
6) Make it a goal to get a good night of sleep. Calm yourself with chamomile tea.
7) Recast your goals to allow time for sleep. You want to get everything done – Now! You must realize that lack of sleep is really hurting your focus and productivity. Give your to do list some space. Build in nap time and full night sleep time. You will feel refreshed and more energized.
The key is to live in balance. A good night of sleep can do wonders for your beauty, your mental health and your body’s energy.
Make it a great night!